Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 9


I was taking the advice of my one and only active reader, trying to do something abstract and geometric, when I came up with this. I wanted to do something that seems like it should fall over, and I thought of Sisyphus again.

The figure is inspired by Dali's elephants, although the scale is not so large as to get the same effect. There are two thin metal pieces going through the thing to keep it together, one through the figure. The pyramid is held up by a film canister.

The sphere is hollow because it would be lighter and the pyramid is hollow because I'm running out of clay.

2 comments:

  1. I like. Get more clay! and do something completely geometric today- no figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the strength and fatigue in this man. Is the rope part of it?

    ReplyDelete