Saturday, May 11, 2013

Digital Art


For anyone who stumbles across my blog, or uses it as a hub to get to the blogs in the box labeled "Awesome Site List,"  I have the first update in five months!  I've switched my focus to digital art, and learned a lot about Unity and Blender.  I just finished the image above, and I think that it is miles beyond my previous work in Blender.  Its worth looking at at full resolution.  If you want to see more, check out my portfolio at:

http://joelmryan.carbonmade.com/

Most of the work in this portfolio has been on this blog at some point, but some of it is new.  I will continue to update the portfolio as I make new stuff.

2 comments:

  1. That picture is amazing!! I love all of the details you added to the mushroom person and how you made the light texturized like a crystal or something. I think this mushroom looks like a lady mushroom. I also really like the background, although I think that the mushroom person gets lost in the background a little. Is there any way you could make it more defined or add more depth to that particular area? Maybe play with the light the crystal gives off or something. I really like how you have the light of the crystal gleaming in the mushrooms eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mushroom does have hips and a small waist- kind of effeminate. That's ok though. Mushrooms have thousands of sexes, right?

    I agree that the mushroom gets lost in the background-- its one of those things where I noticed it, improved it a bit, then let it go. Its good to have someone point these things out-- they can be hard for me to see.

    ReplyDelete