Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Behind the Scenes




I thought that it might be interesting to everyone to hear about what goes on behind the scenes here at SculptorbyDay studios. Over the past few years, and the past year in particular, I have assembled a large amount of art supplies and tools. The first picture is of the workspace in my room, where most of my work is done. The second is of my studio, which is another room in the basement. The third is of the tools that I use more than any others, by far. Not pictured is the workshop in my friend Chris's basement, where more major projects, like casting, take place.

It didn't really occur to me how extensive my collection was until a few days ago. I am lucky enough to have grown up in an artistic household, where a lot of tools were just lying around.

If anyone is interested, here are a few of the supplies and tools that I have bought, found, or been given: Plastilina, wax, Sculpey, blocks of wood, silicon, porcelain slip, resin, soapstone, alabaster, many types of wire, over 100 pounds of clay, saws, knives, pliers, wheel-throwing tools (wire tool, needle tool, bats, etc), wax-working tools, many brushes, sandpaper, custom-cut and polished granite, paints, hammer and chisels, files, glazes, drawing tablet, a Dremel, and a dozen kinds of adhesives.

1 comment:

  1. Thats pretty awesome looking, and its cool that you have good tools for you work.

    ReplyDelete