Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fireside Manifesto #1

Good Evening, Friends,

Up to this point, I've been using SculptorbyDay to document my progress in artistic ability, and to share with my friends and family what I am working on. However, I've been told that, in order to get into a good grad school, I need to progress the conceptual side of my work as well as the skill-based side. I've thought a lot about art and symbolism and meaning, but I've never really had a clear direction or purpose of my own.

I was inspired to create this blog in the first place by my brother Noah, who uses "Its Computer Science Time" to get down his ideas, and to think through new and interesting concepts. My blog is going to start moving in that direction. There will be many more words than before, but I will try for concision and clarity. I'm excited-- I think this will be fun.

Be prepared, as you are about to be given a glimpse into the mind of Joel.

No comments:

Post a Comment