Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wax Male Figure


I think that this little guy is kind of interesting because I have revisited him three times now since I began this blog.  The first time was back in November of 2010, and the second was in February 2011. The pose of the second incarnation is based on Rodin's Age of Bronze.  Interestingly, Rodin's birthday was yesterday, and the anniversary of his death will be this Saturday. 

I'm not sure if it is visible from these pictures, but I feel that each incarnation is significantly better than the last.  The final version has the words "Know Thyself" carved into his chest.

The photo on the far right was taken by my friend Lance, who photographed 11 of my best pieces last weekend with the help of his girlfriend Vivian.  They did an excellent job.  I will be posting some of these pictures in the coming weeks. 

2 comments:

  1. It's quite amazing how much your sculpting skills have improved over the last couple of years! I'm so proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreed with V- thats a pretty clear display of the maturation of your sculpting skills.

    ReplyDelete