Monday, November 14, 2011

Going to Pieces



I got my pieces back from CreativeClay on Saturday. As you can see, the female figure fell apart on me. I am currently putting her back together with foul-smelling exopy putty. It smells like chemical tuna.

The mother and son faired much better-- no damage at all. The colors look very much the same, but a little darker and richer. I took her to my car, put on two coats of clear glaze, and brought her right back to the store. I'll get her back again soon, so everyone pray that there is no crazing or crawling or milky clear-glaze.

My bro's guest spot is on hold until I can get Blender to stop lagging, or learn to use a better video editing tool. Or shoot a continuous video, whichever comes first.

6 comments:

  1. told you to watch out for air pockets

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may well have been air pockets, particularly where the base cracked. There was too much thickness of clay in her torso anyway. As for the head, it fell off a few months ago, I think I knocked it or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to see the final product of mother and child figurine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm a big fan of Warhammer and I was searching around to see if there was any day classes on painting pieces. Somehow I ended up on this site.

    It's pretty cool, I guess... I almost reported you to the police when I saw this picture. Anyways cool site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment, my friend. Almost reported me to the police? I guess I'll take that to mean that the sculpture is realistic.

    Anyway, I never took painting classes, but I fairly certain that if you look up your nearest Games-Workshop, they have classes at most stores. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No use crying over spilled clay- don't go to pieces over this. It could happen to anybody. It could happen to YOU.

    ReplyDelete