Thursday, November 3, 2011

Paint and Childhood Memories

I've started to paint the death figure with water-based acrylics. I am at the stage of the piece where I start to see everything that is wrong with it. I do want to finish it however-- I looked around my room and saw how many projects I have left unfinished.

It was the mother and child figurine that really made me realize how difficult it can be to actually see a sculpture through to completion. After asking around for quite some time, I have finally found a place that should get it fired for me, named Creative Clay. Most places don't want to put other's work in jeopardy because they don't trust that a stranger knows enough to keep his or her work from exploding. And the Torpedo factory does not do bisque firing. Thankfully, firing is one of the services that Creative Clay offers specifically.

While I paint the death figure, my plan for the blog for the next few days is to post pictures that I took when I was 13 or 14 or something. I was painting tiny war game figures at the time, from Games-Workshop. I hope you guys like them. Also, I have another guest-spot planned from everyone's favorite Computer Genius, The Noah. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment