Friday, November 4, 2011

SculptorbyDay, The Early Years 1




The first picture is of the first figure I ever painted. Its a robot beetle thingy, about half an inch long. I painted it when I was in elementary school, hanging out in my friend Paul's garage. The second picture is of the last figure I painted before I moved away from this hobby, when I was 15. He's a little over an inch tall. I took the photos during my first foray into posting my work online, though I wont tell you guys where because there is also embarrassing teenage poetry posted on that account.

In any case, painting the death figure is going pretty well, but I think I'm just going to dry-brush the highlights instead of getting down to every detail by itself. A good friend of mine once told me that my work has a heaviness to it, and I'm seeing what she meant with this guy. I think that the goal for my next project will be to move away from that heaviness.

1 comment:

  1. Such memories. Painting, sprues, and glue covered fingers.
    Karandras is awesome. The scarab, also good in his own way.

    ReplyDelete