Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Metal Skeleton Update 3



Here are the newest pics of the metal sculpture.  What's new-- he has feet (more like shoes), a heart, and a face.  I still need to get a potted plant for him to hold, and I need to more firmly attach the mask.  I want to get some professional-looking photos after these are done.

As Jenevieve commented on the last post-- I am still thinking about what to name it.  Her idea was Garden Reaper, which is a pretty awesome name.  If anyone else has suggestions, I'd love to hear them as well.

Next photos will be of a teapot.  

6 comments:

  1. how about "You Are What You Keep"

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's really creepy, awesome, and looking rather philosophical. Maybe you could give him a more creepy flowerpot too to complete the look - like one of those succulent pots with all the weirdly shaped holes in the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the suggestions. I've actually been thinking about having the names of each of my pieces address the audience, so yours fits in nicely, Tina. I'll have to look into what you mean, Jenevieve, but it sounds cool. My thought for the plant has been to have it be a vine that grows back up on the arm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the vine idea. That will be awesome! Aren't you worried about it obstructing your sculpture though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, I think it would look cool. If it gets obstructed a little, I'm ok with that. The sculpture is cool, but so are vines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That guy is a really incredible piece, man. I think its pretty cool how the idea of a garden sculpture turned into this amazing, enormous metal guy.
    I think the vines would definitely add something. His whole coldsteel thing that he has going on could use some living-thing action.

    ReplyDelete